12/16/2006


Reading Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman, by Haruki Murakami. She called it a book of strange stories and good for reading in a laundromat on a cloudy Saturday afternoon. She's a scientist who studies memory and learning at a cellular level (did I get that right?) and when she picks up a book, it's generally fiction--something tangental to reality.

Her favorite book of all time is Catch-22, by Joseph Heller. She also enjoys Kurt Vonnegut's books.

Her favorite author is Kenzaburo Oe, a Japanese author who won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1994. Of his books she recommends The Silent Cry.

2 Comments:

the ghostis said...

I like the concept for this blog. Maybe I've said this before. I was telling someone how I had wanted to start a book blog for a long time and they showed this blog to me. I just started the book blog, but it is just about what I read, which is less interested than what other people are reading. Anyway, with regards to Murakami, I always find him hard to get through as the worlds he creates in his stories are always so bleak. I find this to be the case with other Japanese lit. as well. Short stories are perfect for laundromats, however.

Sonya Worthy said...

What's the address for your blog?