November 16, Sunday evening -- Reading Bisco Hatori

With her cousin looking over her shoulder
Reading Ouran High School Host Club, # 7, a manga by Bisco Hatori. She likes drama mangas with a little action. There are many manga genres, she said: comedy, love comedy, action, magic and love, action and magic, etc. If she were to write her own it'd be a drama and action manga with a love triangle.

She got into reading mangas after watching the Japanese anime, Inuyasha, on channel 54. Before that she didn't read, but just watched cartoons, like Pokemon. Her classmates at school are also into the mangas. (The books are read the same way Japanese books are -- from back to front.)

Her dad said that when she reads she blocks everything out and has been known to read seven books in a single night.

Do you ever read mangas?

7 Comments:

Maggie said...

I have been reading through your blog, and I honestly think that this is an excellent idea. I am interested in starting a People Reading Blog and then using it in my classroom. I am interested in how you go about approaching people, and finding out what questions you ask them.

P.s What is a Manga?

Nulaanne said...

I read them all the time

Anonymous said...

I tried to read Read or Die, but the style (back to front) just didn't work for me; I got confused and couldn't make sense of the story. It might work for a regular book, but for a comic, which has panels already staggered, it's very hard.

Barb said...

I don't read them, but I scoop them up when I find them at the secondhand store I go to. I buy them to give to the library where I teach. Students do enjoy them, and as an English teacher (and a person whose mother let me read anything I wanted--comics and Harlequins--I'm so ashamed to admit that!!) I'm just happy kids are reading. Kids also do some excellent drawing off of the ideas.

Unknown said...

.hack, is a really good manga and naruto is okay. i've been dying to read the fruits basket manga.

also mom wants to know if you and your sister are coming for day after thanksgiving day dinner. email her.

Anonymous said...

i love her manga. she is tha greatest writer ever!

koji said...

i love millennium snow, but i never read host club.... i hope she knows how much i like her books! hey anyone got her email???