June 19, Friday morning -- Reading California Appelate Reports

In the Financial District
I pass this man some mornings on my way to work and this is the first time I've seen him reading.

Reading California Appelate Reports 2d Series #158. It's not lively reading. He found it on the street. An author he likes to read – Carlos Castañeda, who writes, he explained, about paths to knowledge through natural hallucinogens and also about shape shifting.

Here's a link to the Google Book Search preview of The Teachings of Don Juan, by Carlos Castañeda.

If he were to write his own book it’d be for young people, encouraging them to avoid the stupid things he has done. When he first came to San Francisco he had all his teeth and wasn't HIV positive. He's trying to get back on track – saving money, getting things in line, going back to Florida where he has family. “If I go back,” he said, “my sister won’t even let me leave the county.” His sister loves him.

4 Comments:

pilgrimchick said...

That has to be one of the most unique people met on this reading journey.

Liz Worthy said...

Yes, bring on the books to this fellow! Your sister loves you, too. XO, liz

River Jordan said...

So If I send someone one of my novels in (light - easy to pack and travel paperback) Would you give it to him on the street for me? If he has a regular position that is and you can find him. Seriously -
SAy the word - books in the mail.
River

Anonymous said...

f he has a regular position that is and you can find him. Seriously -

___________________
Smarry
HD Access for just $10 a month to your FAVORITE Channels!