July 11, Sunday afternoon -- Reading Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo

At a sidewalk sale
Reading, and engrossed in, a book with an answering machine on the cover and a $1 price tag: He's Just Not That Into You: The No-Excuses Truth to Understanding Guys, by Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo. The book has all the excuses some guys make to girls so they don't have to be gutsy and say they're not into her, like, and this is not verbatim, "I want to see you this weekend, but my favorite team is playing," or "I can't come up, I have a meeting tomorrow morning," or "I don't believe in marriage." He agreed with pretty much everything, except the marriage thing.

Here's a link to a blogpost I did on a similar book when I was in Los Angeles: Be Honest, You're Not That Into Him, Either, Raise Your Standards And Reach For the Love You Deserve, by Ian Kerner, featuring a couple of girls sharing the book over mini cupcakes at a tea house on Melrose Avenue.

0 Comments: