February 23, 2014, Sunday afternoon -- Reading Dr. Claudia Welch

On Van Ness Street, waiting for the bus

Her favorite book of all time is Siddhartha, by Hermann Hesse.  

On the walk on which I took this picture I passed the new Sightglass coffee shop at 20th and Alabama (no readers), the Streat Food Park at 13th and Bryant (no readers).  When I got to where Van Ness begins,  the newspaper vendor was reading a book (!!), but he said no to a photo.  From the All Star Cafe, to where Van Ness runs into the Bay, this reader was the only one I found. 

6 Comments:

Dr. Alex said...

Is shadow yoga like yoga for ninjas or soemthing?

Liz Worthy said...

Sonya, what was the newspaper vendor reading?

Sonya Worthy said...

Hi Dr. Alex, I think ninjas would enjoy shadow yoga.

Hi Liz, When the newspaper vendor told me "no" he said it in a tone of voice that made me think that his book was a private thing, so I didn't ask him. After I walked away, I wanted to go back again and ask, but I didn't.

Anne-Sophie said...

From my teacher Scott Blossom's website: shadow yoga, founded by zhander remete, is a hatha yoga system that utilizes rhythmic breathing, bandhas (energetic locks) and the system of marma (vital junctions) to free the peripheral body of its energetic obstructions and to ignite our inner fire for healing and meditation. shadow yoga consists of circular and spiraling movements, warrior stances, and sun salutation forms that prepares students to safely and effectively practice the more advanced limbs of hatha yoga.

http://www.shunyatayoga.com/p/shadow-yoga.html?m=1

Sonya Worthy said...

Thanks, Anne-Sophie! And thanks, too, for letting me photograph you for my blog.

Anne-Sophie said...

You're most welcome! Thank YOU :)

Happy to spread the word about both Ayurveda and Shadow Yoga!

Here is the Shadow warm-up: http://vimeo.com/28173594

And most of the 3rd Prelude (set sequence): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjUBwr8DiwM

There are workshops all the time in the Bay Area and both Scott and his wife Chandra are great! http://www.shunyatayoga.com/p/shadow-yoga.html

Cheers y'all!