June 27, 2014, Friday afternoon -- Reading Joseph Cambray

In Hyde Park (in London, where I'm on vacation)
Visiting from Brazil, avoiding the World Cup, and reading Sincronicade: Natureza E Psique Num Universo Interconectado, in Portuguese, which translates into the English, Synchronicity: Nature and Psyche in an Interconnected Universe.  His favorite authors are Franz Kafka, Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Carl Sagan, and Voltaire.

He and his wife (who was napping on his lap before my friend, Oksana, and I interrupted) said the best things they've seen over their three weeks in London have been the Freud museum, the British Museum, and this park.  
They explained that there aren't parks like Hyde Park where they're from, where you can take a nap in a public place and not worry about a pick pocket. They said they feel very safe here.  "Even when you're riding your bike on the wrong side of the road?" I asked and they agreed that, yes, that is scary.  (Note:  I will not be borrowing one of these lovely Boris Bikes -- I am afriad of dying.)

0 Comments: