November 6, 2015, Friday morning -- Reading Jennifer Egan

Where North Beach, the Financial District, and Chinatown intersect, reading a book where the short story and novel intersect

He was walking down the street while reading and when I stopped him and asked my question. He looked at me for a moment and laughed. He said that I'd photographed him before. It was about 18 months earlier, he said, a few months after he'd moved to San Francisco. He'd been reading at a coffee shop in the SoMa. I couldn't remember anything except that the book had a racy cover, and the sun was in his eyes when I took the photo. Here's the post.

This time around, in the shade of the FedEx truck, he said he had been reading the classics, but is taking a break from them. He's not exactly slumming it, though, reading a Pulitzer Prize winner -- A Visit from the Goon Squad, by Jennifer Egan.

0 Comments: