12/29/2006


Reading The Baron in the Trees, by Italo Calvino. It's about the life of man who, as a result of a plate of snails his sister made for dinner one night when he was thirteen, spent his life living in trees. She says the book is very fairytale like.

One of her favorite books of all time is Anna Karenina, by Leo Tolstoy. Recently she tried reading Life of Pi, but put it down--she was more in the mood to read Italo Calvino. She always reads several books at once, picking different ones up depending on what she's feeling like.

She has the greatest job of all time--she takes insects to grade-shool classrooms and teaches them about ecology.

Thanks for helping me pass the time while I was waiting for my (late) friend!

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Does she teach the insects about the children or the children about the insect? I like the first better!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear! I recognize this reader. She was sitting inside Ritual Cafe when I arrived to meet with my friend, this blog's owner. That means I was the "(late) friend" referenced in this post.