1/27/2007


Here's a picture I took on my way home from the Bernal Yoga Literary Series. I'd been hoping to take a picture at the reading, but all the authors had just printed out their pieces! Among them were Glori Simmons, Rita Mae Reese, Liz Costello, and Sona Avakian (I think I'm missing a couple).

Did have some nice book conversations both at the reading and at a party later in the evening. Among the books recommended/read were: State of Denial, Bush at War III, by Bob Woodward; The Red Tent, by Anita Diamant; and The Shadow of the Wind, by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, which the reader said made Kite Runner pale in comparison. She did ammend that, the reason she liked it so much was that she was planning a trip to Spain at the time she read it and that, as she is from the area where Kite Runner was set, it may not have been as compelling for her as for others.

0 Comments: