December 30, 2007 --Sunday evening

Reading A Confederacy of Dunces, by John Kennedy Toole.

Authors he likes--Gabriel Garcia Márquez, especially One Hundred Years of Solitude; Salman Rushdie; Dostoevsky, especially Brothers Karamazov.

When he was a kid he loved Jack Kerouac.

His own book--it'd be about why the world is screwed up, but beautiful too, or a nonfiction book about places you can take a dog (he has a yellow lab).

A great book he's read recently--The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time, by Mark Haddon.

1 Comment:

bereweber said...

hey I love your blog!
what a wonderful idea you had of portraying the readers in San Francisco. I live in San Diego and I am a reader myself. I just had to leave a note here for you, I think you are doing a wonderful job and it's so much fun to see what others are reading out there. This is much better than going online to see the books selling charts and recommendations, this is the real world!

and I selected this book to leave you a comment 'cause I was so happy to see somebody's reading A Confederacy of Dunces, it is one of my favorite books of American Literature. English is not my native language, so it took me a while to get used to read in English, and The Confederacy of Dunces is so well written and has such a funny extraordinary plot that truly set me on reading more in English.

your blog is so much fun!
thank you for sharing this wonderful idea!