March 29, Saturday afternoon -- Reading John Ivy, Ph.D. and Robert Portman, Ph.D.

Stopping by Coffee Bar, a cafe on Mariposa Street, after a run with his triathlon group (he has plans to do the Escape from Alcatraz triathlon in May)

Reading, or rather, intending to read The Performance Zone: Your Nutrition Action Plan for Greater Endurance & Sports Performance, by John Ivy, Ph.D. and Robert Portman, Ph.D.

He's a friend from work and my sister and I, skeptical about his nutrition action plan, as we ran into him just as he was settling down with his latté, hijacked his reading time and steered the conversation towards buttered tea from Tibet and other highland teas of the Himalayas--the two of them had both visited the region last year.


What health-related books do you recommend?

6 Comments:

Bay said...

Nothing pertinent to this specific post, but I have to tell you that I love your blog and read it daily. I appreciate the insights that your provide, so that I know of great books to read. I view reading as this wonderful escape in life and do it all the time. Anyways, keep up the good work.

Much love,

bay.

Unknown said...

support is lent by me as well

Roxanne said...

mental health and physical health are all connected ... i should know - it's what i do for a living - promote health ... my dream would be that everyone should read any book written by Jon Kabat Zinn - start with "wherever you go, there you are" ...

Laura Jane Williams said...

Mental Health-

"Your Best Year Yet" Jenny Ditzler.

Start as you mean to go on!

G.I.M x

Jenny Maloney said...

Mark Twain said something along the lines of: "Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint."

Sonya Worthy said...

Jenny, I LOVE it. I just read the quote aloud to my friend and we're both laughing about it now. Thanks!