Holiday intermission

I am in Montana, visiting relatives. I forgot my camera in my mad dash out the door. My family will not have the opportunity to--when I leave the room--photograph themselves nonchalantly reading 1,000 page tomes while hanging the Christmas lights, chopping down the tree, or shovelling snow from the walks. More posts to follow in the new year.

Happy holidays all of you!
(This greeting has an added layer of warmth --when I was teaching English in Korea, my requests with "all of you" were misconstrued as something a little more tender, even when preceded by, "be quiet" or "get off the window sill." This misunderstanding was unfortunate in circumstances where I needed to exercise authority over a room full of little hellians, but, in this circumstance, it's heartfelt. Thank you for your emails and comments over the year and in the year to come.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish you and all the SF readers the best in this holiday season, full of joy and memories, and a healthy, bookish new year! Merry Christmas! :)

Malyss said...

I wish you a merry Christmas and a Happy New Year , full of new encounters with new readers!Long life to your so special and interesting blog!