January 4, Sunday afternoon -- Reading Dan Simmons

Between selling tickets and making sure no one stands on the horses (my apologies)
Reading The Terror, by Dan Simmons. He got it next door at the bookstore to stave off boredom. He's read Dan Simmons's books before.

A favorite book -- The Meditations of Marcus Aurelius, which he read for the first time when he was twelve.

If he were to write his own book it would be, he said, coming up with it on the spot, entitled, A Car is Waiting, about a con man who becomes a private investigator in Southern Pennsylvania.

What have you been reading over the holidays?

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm also reading The Terror! And Musicophilia by Oliver Sacks.

Stopped at your blog through a link trail through the book blogs. Thought I would say hello! :)
- Lu

M. Umer Toor said...

and i'm reading meditations. really delightful and meaning full book... by a person i revere much

Special K said...

Imagine getting bored at the circus!? (:

I read Barbara Pym over the holidays - I'm crazy about her these days.

Liz Worthy said...

The holidays somehow were very difficult to read through. Read about 30 pages of a Warren Buffet biography - a Christmas present from my uncle to my grandfather - and have only just settled down to finish Oracle Bones that I began well before Christmas.

Barb said...

Florence of Arabia and What We Take. Both were good in very different ways.