May 16, Saturday afternoon, Reading....

I'm not sure what he was reading. I didn't make it that far!
Beneath that red awning across the street, in the shade of Serrano's Pizza, a man in a blue plaid shirt was reading something.

The blogging update is this: after two months in a cast, I can walk again! I have a big black walking boot and this afternoon, in the lovely 80 degree heat, I walked, sans crutches, to a popular juice bar (note the line) and, while sharing a bench with my sister and a couple of other visual artists talking instillations and time constraints, I spotted a reader.

I'd already taxed myself out getting to the juice bar and did not make it across the street. No interview this time. Interviews with readers to come soon. This is just a preview. Appreciate first. Dive in second.

It is also wholly possible that the last person in line was reading a book, too -- something downloaded onto his phone? ... or sending a text to his girlfriend. "line hella long. ice cream?"

5 Comments:

Quintus Severus said...

And there was much rejoicing! I'm so glad you're back on your feet! I've never had to wear a cast, but I imagine it with shivers of horror.

LizzieG said...

Glad to read that you are on your feet again. Have missed the blog.

Alex Worthy said...

Hey sonya! Walking is great, it's so under rated. I'm looking forward to more interviews.

Anne said...

I also have missed this blog. I am so glad you are back. Anne in CT

uugobest said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG