July 25, Saturday afternoon -- Reading Dean Crawford

Amidst throngs of people at The Green Arcade during an Indie-bookstore walking tour organized by Annie Janusch, who works for the Center for Art in Translation, and Scott Esposito, who edits an online journal called The Quarterly Conversation.
Checking out the offerings and perusing Shark, by Dean Crawford. The Green Arcade specializes in -- I quote from their website -- "books on the environment, politics, sustainability, the slow food movement, organics, urban planning, nature [like sharks!], and children's books."

"There are always 40 people in my store," said our host when we all arrived. He may have been joking, but they do have a lot of great events there, one of which I'm excited about on September 2 -- Rebecca Solnit is reading.
The tour ended at Booksmith in the Haight (after a 17-block interval), with sangria and a reading of Pablo Neruda by one of the booksellers. I sat down and, with my back resting against a shelf of young adult novels, removed my shoes, massaged my feet and, like some others, closed my eyes, and listened.

0 Comments: