10/18/2006


Another reader who reads while walking down the street. I caught up with him at a stoplight. He is reading Game of Thrones, by George R.R. Martin, which is the first of a series of six. He's read one through four and is now rereading them in preparation for when the fifth comes out. It's the only fantasy series he's ever read. Recently he's read books by Leo Tolstoy, Albert Camus, and Fyodor Dostoyevsky. Crime and Punishment, by Dostoevsky, is his favorite novel--for its suspense and character development. He even wrote a song about it.

(note to the reader: If you see this would you leave a comment? I'm wishing I would have asked you more about the song. I think I've got it set up so you don't have to logon or be a blogger member.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, it's the reader himself. I wrote a song several years ago based on Crime and Punishment. It was called "Dirty Raskol." It wasn't very good. For more songs about books visit www.myspace.com/thefeeders. "Sticky Sweet" has parallels to The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis.

Sonya Worthy said...

Thanks! I think I get the allusion to the book.