July 24, Thursday evening -- Reading Tom Robbins

On his way home from work

Reading Even Cowgirls Get the Blues, by Tom Robbins. It's his fiance's--it was sitting around the house. His commute is 30 minutes each way and, he said, he's one of those people who always need to be entertained by something, be it music, a book, or a movie.

His favorite book of all time--Job: A Comedy of Justice, by Robert Heinlein. In it Jesus and the Devil taking turns, every 2000 years, being the good guy and the bad guy.

His own book, which is in a "holding pattern" with Chronicle Books, is a fictionalized account of his life from age 18 to 28.

What sorts of things would you fictionalize in your biography?

4 Comments:

Jess said...

I can't decide if I would leave out the death of a loved one or not. One one hand, it shaped me, but on the other hand, it nearly killed me. I also think I would have been prettier and more elequent a fictionalized version of my life.

Anonymous said...

My first marriage, only because the idiot would sue for defamation if I told the truth!

Anonymous said...

My long time dream of becoming a fashion model.

Anonymous said...

We read Even Cowgirls Get the Blues in a Banned Books class I took. I do remember it was the professor's favorite book in the class, next to the likes of Lolita and Catcher in the Rye.