July 6, Sunday afternoon -- Reading Efrain Bleiberg

At Dolores Park, after the San Francisco Mime Troupe performance, in which the town of Bluebird, Kansas held the town's November '08 votes until they received, among other things, increased government funding for the public library.

But before the Cardboard Tube War (YouTube video my brother took)

Reading Treating Personality Disorders in Children and Adolescents, by Efrain Bleiberg. It's in his field, but, he said, it's pleasure reading.

Last good book he read--What Happened: Inside the Bush White House and Washington's Culture of Deception, by Scott McClellan, who served 2 3/4 years as press secretary of the White House.

A favorite--Midnight's Children, by Salman Rushdie.

His own writing projects--Right now he's working on the text for a picture book about an 11-year old coping with depression.

What have you been reading over the holiday weekend?


4 Comments:

webbie said...

What have I been reading over the holiday week-end. Mind candy. Total trash and I love it...Deja Demon The Adventures of a Demon Hunting Soccer Mom by Julie Kenner.
Fourth in the series.

Jen-Jenny-Jennifer said...

I'm heading to DC in a couple weeks so I'm getting a little Sarah Vowell into me with "Assassination Vacation." Her "Take the Cannoli" is still my fav . . . and I think it's about time for a re-read!

Literature Crazy said...

Vacation reading was spent on The Host (a Stephenie Meyer book intended to hold me over until Midnight Sun, 4th in the Twilight Saga debuts) and an audio version of Into the Wild (John Krakauer).

Anne said...

I read The Host - it was pretty good. I've been reading The Summer that Saved Baseball. It's about a couple of guys who traveled across the U.S. in 38 days and visited all 30 of the ballparks. It's not my usual type but it's been pretty interesting.