Wednesday, July 9 -- Reading Barbara Kingsolver

Waiting for the trainReading The Bean Trees, by Barbara Kingsolver.

When she was a child she liked the Little House on the Prairie series by Laura Ingalls Wilder. She read Anne of Green Gables and The Babysitter's Club, by Little House was the best.

Her favorite book of all time--To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee. She's read it twice since she was a child and what sticks with her most is the court scene. And she loves Scout.

What do you like about To Kill a Mockingbird?

5 Comments:

Lisa said...

I like EVERYTHING about To Kill a Mockingbird. It's certainly my all-time favorite book. I'd love to know how many people consider this their favorite book.

Pat Austin Becker said...

I teach this book to sophomores; I reread it all the time and everytime I do, I find something new! Atticus Finch is the best character in fiction EVER!

webbie said...

What is not to love about To Kill a Mockingbird?

A little aside...I met Harper Lee when I was a child. My aunt & uncle lived in Monroeville, Alabama and she was a (eccentric) neighbor.

The Bachelor Death League said...

That is the most beautiful girl I've ever seen.

Jeannie said...

Okay - this gal and I must be the same age...or made of the same stuff because I grew up reading everything she did -- except I did not like the babysitters (did read a couple but that is it).
AND our fave book is the same!
I have read it 3 times.... I think I like that it is a serious story but told from the child's view so the innocence is refreshing