August 3, Saturday -- Reading Malcolm Gladwell

On the Embarcadero near the finish line of the San Francisco Marathon

Reading The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference, by Malcolm Gladwell.

Her favorite book of all time--Matilda, by Roald Dahl.

No other questions. My sister and I were trying to track down our friend and marathoner who had randomly seen us on the sidelines near mile 18. We'd thought she was in Kiev. I'd say that Facebook is probably a better way of connecting old friends but today it was the San Francisco marathon.

What have you read by Roald Dahl?

4 Comments:

Barb said...

He is such a popular writer ... and one I have never connected to. I am looking forward to seeing what people say. Maybe I'll fine one I like!

Hope you found your friend.s

Ronnica said...

I've read a lot of his stuff. Gotta love The Twits, Matilda, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, James and the Giant Peach, and Danny, the Champion of the World. I probably remember more about his books than I do about so many other books I read back then simply because they're so unusual.

jennifer newkirk said...

Everything...my husband and I are both second grade teachers. He reads The BFG every year to his class and I read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. We recently went to London and the only landmark my husband had to photograph was the statue that the BFG jumped over between Hyde Park and Buckingham Palace. I photographed a school in Edinburgh that reminded me of Matilda's.

Mohd Hafizal Nordin said...

I love Roald Dahl. I remember when I was 10, my father bought me Charlie and the Choclate Factory, and from that moments, I became a keen reader until now...