September 27, Saturday morning -- Reading Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary

On the lawn at the Palace of Fine Arts

Reading Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary.

These ladies are taking a Medical Terminology class and today, the weather being so nice, decided to put their card tables in the car and drive from Sacramento to San Francisco to study in a beautiful place.

They both work in the banking industry and have decided to move away from that, though, they said, they work for a very stable bank. People have been transferring money into their accounts all week.

Their favorite authors -- David Baldacci, Nora Roberts, Lindsay Chase, Tami Hoag, Francine Rivers, and Dr. Robin Cook, who writes medical thrillers.



Do you ever make it a point to go someplace with a nice view to read or study?

3 Comments:

Liza P. said...

i love making it out to barnsdall art part. there is a hill that looks out into hollywood/los feliz and you get a lovely view of the hollywood sign, griffith observatory and griffith park. spectacular views especially on a clear & sunny day!

Barb said...

I go to The Ithaca Bakery where I can have coffee, people watch and do whatever it is that needs doing.

Bill said...

Definitely.

Campus is good. It's nice outdoors; there is even one spot for reading indoors which I like a lot. Also there is a waterfall aeration park not far from me which has some nice views.

The lakefront is excellent but it's a bit out of the way for me; it takes an hour to get there via public transportation. But if I'm there by myself with a book, I will read.