October 23, Thursday afternoon -- Reading Audrey Niffenegger

In the Financial District, taking a time out from bicycle couriering (I might have made that word up)
Reading The Time Traveler's Wife, by Audrey Niffenegger. She just started it.

If she wrote her own book it'd be about childhood adventures. Not hers. She grew up in Long Beach. There'd be pirates in the book.

A favorite -- Written on the Body, by Jeanette Winterson. It's about lost love. On the author's website, she says that she wants to look "at love's ability to shatter and heal simultaneously."
What's your favorite love story? (Bonus points if it has pirates.)

7 Comments:

J.G. said...

Jane Eyre (sorry, no pirates:)

Kait said...

My current favorite love story is
The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson, again no pirates.

I just started reading The Time Traveler's Wife last night, I couldn't put it down & I'm itching to go read some more.

Barb said...

The Time Traveler's Wife is on my list of books to read. Loved seeing the cover; I've only heard friends talk of it. Now I have the visual and it's piqued my interest even more!

Anonymous said...

Eva Luna? Eucalyptus?

Anonymous said...

I loved The Time Traveler's Wife! One of my favorite books. The movie is coming out soon.. I hope it does the book justice.

Anonymous said...

Funny you should ask! The Time Traveler's Wife is actually one of my favorite love stories.

Anonymous said...

pirates are key